my child arrived just the other day.
came into the world in the usual way.
but there were planes to catch bills, to pay.
he learned to walk while I was away.
he was talkin ,before I knew it and as he grew he said,
im gonna be like you yeah,you know i gonna be like you.
and the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon,
little boy blue and the man in the moon,
when your coming home dad i don,t know when,
we will get togther then son,you know we will have good time then.
mt son turned ten just the other day.
he said thanks for the ball dad comon lets play.
teach me to throw i said not today, ive got a lot to do.
he said thats okay, well he walked away but a smile never dimmed.
he said im gonna be like him yeah,you know im gonna be like him.
my son arrived from collage just the other day.
so much like a man i just ha to say.
son im proud of you can you sit for a while.
he shook his his head and he said with a smile.
what id really like to dad is borrow the car keys.
see you later can i have them please?
im long since retired my sons moved away
i called him up just the other day.
i said id like to see you if you dont mind
he said id love to dad if i could find the time.
you see my new job a hassle the kids have the flu.
it was sure nice talking to you dad,o,yes its so nice talking to you
and as I hung up the phone it orccured to me he grown up just like me.
my boy was just like
(No other information is available for this lyric - would you like to add something today?)
CHAPIN, HARRY F. / CHAPIN, SANDY
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
- Top Lyrics
- Featured Lyrics
- Latest Lyrics
- Collar Full Lyrics by Panic! At the Disco
- Feel Again Lyrics by OneRepublic
- Sweet Nothings Lyrics by Calvin Harris
- Something I Need Lyrics by OneRepublic
- Girls Girls Boys Lyrics by Panic! At the Disco
- Girl That You Love Lyrics by Panic! At the Disco
- Let It Grow (Celebrate the World) Lyrics by Ester Dean
- Vegas Lights Lyrics by Panic! At the Disco
- This Moment Lyrics by Katy Perry
- Casual Affair Lyrics by Panic! At the Disco