10 Single & Proud Songs for Valentine's Day
These pop stars don't need a man (or woman!) this V-Day!
Just because Valentine's Day is this Friday doesn't mean you need to be at home eating a pint of ice cream and daydreaming of a significant other. Just ask the biggest ladies in pop, who have penned some of the world's greatest songs about being single & lovin' it. Take it from gals like Pink, Taylor and Kelly: you don't need a man (or, woman for that matter)! So count down with us if you're single & proud this Valentine's Day, as we touch on some of pop's biggest and best songs about not needin' anybody:
10. Pussycat Dolls -- I Don't Need A Man
"I don't need a ring around my finger to make me feel complete / So let me break it down, I can get off when you ain't around, oh!
9. Gloria Gaynor -- I Will Survive
"Oh no, not I, I will survive / Oh as long as I know how to love / I know I'll stay alive..."
8. Carrie Underwood -- Before He Cheats
"I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl / 'Cause the next time that he cheats / Oh, you know it won't be on me!"
7. Christina Aguilera -- Fighter
"I am a fighter / (I'm a fighter) / I ain't gonna stop / (I ain't gonna stop) / There is no turning back / I've had enough..."
6. Rihanna -- Take A Bow
"And don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not / And baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught..."
5. Alicia Keys -- Karma
"What goes around comes around? / What goes up must come down? / It's called Karma, baby and it goes around..."
4. Kelly Clarkson -- Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger / Stand a little taller / Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone..."
3. Pink -- Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
"I think that life's too short for this, I want back my ignorance and bliss / I think I've had enough of this, blow me one last kiss..."
2. Taylor Swift -- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
"Ooh, you called me up again tonight / But ooh, this time I'm telling you, I'm telling you / We are never, ever, ever getting back together..."
1. Beyonce -- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
"All the single ladies / Now put your hands up / Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh..."
What single & proud song are you gonna be blasting this Valentine's Day? Let us know in the comments.
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars