Evanescence And AmpRock TV Use Lyrics As Poetry In New Video Series 'The Words'
If you've ever identified with a song's lyrics more than its accompanying music (hey, doesn't always happen but sometimes it does!) then you'll love AmpRockTV's intimate new video series 'The Words.'
The concept is simple: they work with various artists like Marilyn Manson and My Chemical Romance and have them speak the lyrics to one of their songs without any accompanying music or melody. As a result, the words of the song are emphasized and fans get a poignant, lyrics-focused delivery of the song. Since lyrics are what we're all about, we obviously LOVE this.
The most recent band to be featured on 'The Words' is Evanescence showcasing their track "Lost in Paradise." Watch the video below and don't forget to check the band out this summer at the Carnival of Madness music festival!
What do you think of this video concept? Do you think lyrics can be more important than accompanying music? Tell us below...
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015
- Daniel Kim Mixed 66 Songs In His 2014 Pop Danthology Mashup
- Get All The Lyrics To Nicki Minaj's Epic New Album 'The Pinkprint'