This song was all the rage when I was in middle school! Everyone loved the old school vibe and it was even filmed in my hometown (0:27 Spoiler alert: "El Segundo, CA 1974" is actually a sketchy drive-in on a really ugly street NOT in California). Me and all my pals knew this song word for word...and in hindsight it was probably a bit of vicarious living since, being the brace-faced, lanky-limbed and greasy-haired 13 year olds that we were, we weren't going on a lot of "first dates"...like, at all.
- AUDIO: Hear The Black Keys' Slow-Burning "Turn Blue"
- Linus Young Is A Band You Need To Get Familiar With
- Lana Del Rey Tops List of Songs You Need To Hear This Week
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Disney's 'Frozen' Soundtrack
- Ed Sheeran Tops The The Fault In Our Stars' Soundtrack
- AUDIO: OneRepublic's "Love Runs Out" Is A Hit In The Making
- Imagine Dragons Lead the 2014 Billboard Music Awards Finalists