4 Great Songs From Band-Members Who Became Solo Artists
Today we celebrate the birthday of Bealtes legend and one of the best songwriters of all time, Paul McCartney! He was always one of the principle songwriters in the Beatles and after he left the band in 1970, he went on to form the band Wings and then eventually go solo. McCartney is one of the best examples of somebody who experienced great success within a band and after going solo. In honour of his birthday today, here are 4 songs by artists (as chosen by you) who have had solo success...
This was McCartney's most popular solo song after leaving the Beatles. It's a verrrrrry romantic ballad written for his ex-wife Linda.
When Justin Timberlake left N*SYNC and released his first solo album, people weren't too sure if he would make it. But with the release of FutureSex/LoveSounds, his second album, and the first single SexyBack, Justin announced to the world and the music industry that he and his music were hot. PLEASE make a new album, we love you JT!
Nothing against Kelly and Michelle, but Beyonce was always the clear standout of the R&B trio Destiny's Child. After going solo in 2002 she has become one of the most successful female artists of all time. This track alone reached quadruple-platinum status. Who run the world? Beyonce.
Even from the earliest days of the Jackson 5 when he was just a wee little lad, we could tell that Michael Jackson was a prodigy. It was easy to see that his incredible stage presence, amazing voice, and perfectionism were going to take him far in the music biz.
Who are some other notable artist who have gone solo? Tell us in the comments!
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- 15 Easter-Ready Tracks To Kick Off Your Long Weekend
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)