5 Lyrics That Are Truly "Unforgettable"
Here's a memory refresher on the off-chance you forgot about these songs.
This Sunday, CBS is premiering a brand new season of Unforgettable, a crime drama that focuses on Det. Carrie Wells, an NYPD crime-solver with an unusually detailed memory. To coincide with the show's premiere, we've assembled a list of our favorite songs that include the word "unforgettable." Come to think of it, these songs might make for a choice soundtrack as the show's perps are being hauled off in the back of police cruisers. Check out the list below:
5. Drake - "Unforgettable"
And when you get to talking 'bout the greatest / (I just really hope that) You'll think of me / (I'm doing my thing) I'm tryna be unforgettable
Drake's not shy about his goal of leaving a legacy that is truly unforgettable — he tells us so in the song's title AND in the lyrics.
4. Cut Copy - "Unforgettable Season"
The holidays we spent will fade / Now that I've been gone / Just remember / That we met / You're still at home
There's always one season that has particular significance. Perhaps it was a summer fling or sentimental holiday that made it particularly unforgettable.
3. Glass Tiger - "Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone"
Don't forget me when I'm gone / My heart would break / I have loved you for so long / It's all I can take
Okay, so we broke the rules a bit. The word "unforgettable" doesn't appear verbatim in this song. It's a song about not forgetting though, so it's on point. Plus the music video has some of the most quintessentially 80s haircuts to ever exist. It had to be included.
2. Katy Perry - "California Gurls"
California girls, we're unforgettable / Daisy dukes, bikinis on top / Sun-kissed skin, so hot / We'll melt your popsicle
California girls were memorable enough before this song, but Katy Perry helped make them truly unforgettable after crafting 2010's undisputed Song of the Summer.
1. Nat King Cole - "Unforgettable"
Unforgettable / In every way / And forever more / That's how you'll stay
Did you know? The song "Unforgettable," written by Irving Gordon, was originally titled "Uncomparable." Luckily the publishing company pressured Irving to change it in 1951 just prior to Nat King Cole recording his famous version of the song. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?
Tell us your favorite unforgettable lyrics in the comments. And be sure to tune in to the Unforgettable season 2 premiere this Sunday, July 28th at 9/8c, only on CBS.
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything