5 Lyrics That Prove Taylor Swift Is The World's Biggest Pop Star
The singer was just awarded the title, so we're proving it with her lyrics!
It's not Katy Perry, it's not Miley Cyrus, it's not Lady Gaga...the world's biggest pop star, according to a piece in New York magazine, is Taylor Swift! That's right: the country-turned-pop crossover sensation is considered the biggest and best of the lot, according to the mag, who ran a lengthy piece on the singer. Her ability to write songs about breakups and makeups and everything in between when it comes to love is essentially what has made her famous, and the public resonates with her lyrics, which is why she's one of the most famous pop stars to ever grace the planet.
But what lyrics has she written that makes her the world's biggest pop star? We're counting down 5 Taylor Swift songs that prove she's got the lyrical chops to hold onto her prestigious title:
5. Everything Has Changed
"Cause all I know is we said hello / And your eyes look like coming home / All I know is a simple name, everything has changed..."
4. You Belong With Me
"She wears high heels, I wear sneakers / She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers / Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find / That what you're looking for has been here the whole time..."
3. Safe and Sound
"Just close your eyes / The sun is going down / You'll be alright / No one can hurt you now / Come morning light / You and I'll be safe and sound..."
2. Love Story
"'Marry me Juliet / You'll never have to be alone / I love you and that's all I really know / I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress' / It's a love story baby just say yes..."
"Losing him was blue like I'd never known / Missing him was dark grey all alone / Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met / But loving him was red..."
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody