5 Songs For An Asteroid Fly-by
Tonight an amazing event is taking place: NASA reports that an asteroid called 2005 YU55. It's the closest an asteroid has come to the earth since 1976 — that's 35 years! In honor of this exciting event, which you will be able to see if you have a telescope and clear skies in your area, we put together 5 songs to put on your Asteroid Playlist tonight!
5. E.T. - Katy Perry ft. Kanye West
You're from a whole other world / A different dimension / You open my eyes / And I'm ready to go, lead me into the light
4. Drops of Jupiter - Train
But tell me, did you sail across the sun? / Did you make it to the Milky Way / To see the lights all faded / And that heaven is overrated?
3. Airplanes - B.O.B. ft. Hayley Williams
Can we pretend that airplanes / In the night sky are like shooting stars? / I could really use a wish right now / Wish right now, wish right now
2. Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
Now when it comes to envy y'all is green / Jealous of the rhyme and the ryhme routine / Another dimension, new galaxy / Intergalactic planetary
1. Space Oddity - David Bowie
Here am I floating round my tin can / Far above the Moon / Planet Earth is blue / And there's nothing I can do
For more ideas on songs to put on your playlist for tonight's historic asteroid fly-by, check out WXRT's list! Now go forth and look at the stars!
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video
- Metal Fans! Watch a Brand New Lyric Video from He Is Legend
- Can Ariana Grande "Break Free" From An Alien Attack?