5 Songs For An Asteroid Fly-by
Tonight an amazing event is taking place: NASA reports that an asteroid called 2005 YU55. It's the closest an asteroid has come to the earth since 1976 — that's 35 years! In honor of this exciting event, which you will be able to see if you have a telescope and clear skies in your area, we put together 5 songs to put on your Asteroid Playlist tonight!
5. E.T. - Katy Perry ft. Kanye West
You're from a whole other world / A different dimension / You open my eyes / And I'm ready to go, lead me into the light
4. Drops of Jupiter - Train
But tell me, did you sail across the sun? / Did you make it to the Milky Way / To see the lights all faded / And that heaven is overrated?
3. Airplanes - B.O.B. ft. Hayley Williams
Can we pretend that airplanes / In the night sky are like shooting stars? / I could really use a wish right now / Wish right now, wish right now
2. Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
Now when it comes to envy y'all is green / Jealous of the rhyme and the ryhme routine / Another dimension, new galaxy / Intergalactic planetary
1. Space Oddity - David Bowie
Here am I floating round my tin can / Far above the Moon / Planet Earth is blue / And there's nothing I can do
For more ideas on songs to put on your playlist for tonight's historic asteroid fly-by, check out WXRT's list! Now go forth and look at the stars!
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist