5 Songs For An Asteroid Fly-by
Tonight an amazing event is taking place: NASA reports that an asteroid called 2005 YU55. It's the closest an asteroid has come to the earth since 1976 — that's 35 years! In honor of this exciting event, which you will be able to see if you have a telescope and clear skies in your area, we put together 5 songs to put on your Asteroid Playlist tonight!
5. E.T. - Katy Perry ft. Kanye West
You're from a whole other world / A different dimension / You open my eyes / And I'm ready to go, lead me into the light
4. Drops of Jupiter - Train
But tell me, did you sail across the sun? / Did you make it to the Milky Way / To see the lights all faded / And that heaven is overrated?
3. Airplanes - B.O.B. ft. Hayley Williams
Can we pretend that airplanes / In the night sky are like shooting stars? / I could really use a wish right now / Wish right now, wish right now
2. Intergalactic - Beastie Boys
Now when it comes to envy y'all is green / Jealous of the rhyme and the ryhme routine / Another dimension, new galaxy / Intergalactic planetary
1. Space Oddity - David Bowie
Here am I floating round my tin can / Far above the Moon / Planet Earth is blue / And there's nothing I can do
For more ideas on songs to put on your playlist for tonight's historic asteroid fly-by, check out WXRT's list! Now go forth and look at the stars!
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola