5 Songs that Pay Tribute to the City of Boston
In the wake of yesterday's tragic events in Boston, we wanted to pay tribute to the great American city by highlighting some of the best songs about Beantown.
"In Boston Massachusetts she'll be there / And we'll be together everywhere"
This love song tells the story of a man dreaming of going to Boston to see the girl he loves who lives there.
"She said I think I'll go to Boston / I think I'll start a new life / I think I'll start it over"
This song, which was Augustana's first pop hit, Boston symbolizes freedom and positive change for somebody who wants to begin a new life in the city.
"I've had dreams of Boston all of my life / Chinatown between the sound of the night"
This feel-good tune by Vampire Weekend name-drops main landmarks and places in the great city of Boston.
"Well I love that dirty water / Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the Number One place)"
Many Bostonians say that this classic 1966 song has become the unofficial rock anthem for the city of Boston.
"For Boston, for Boston / Thy glory is our own / For Boston, for Boston / 'Tis here that truth is known"
This is a triumphant cover of Boston College's traditional fight song. This Dropkick Murphys version can often be heard at Boston College football games.
What other songs would you include on this list? Tell us your picks in the comments below.
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show