5 Songs that Pay Tribute to the City of Boston
In the wake of yesterday's tragic events in Boston, we wanted to pay tribute to the great American city by highlighting some of the best songs about Beantown.
"In Boston Massachusetts she'll be there / And we'll be together everywhere"
This love song tells the story of a man dreaming of going to Boston to see the girl he loves who lives there.
"She said I think I'll go to Boston / I think I'll start a new life / I think I'll start it over"
This song, which was Augustana's first pop hit, Boston symbolizes freedom and positive change for somebody who wants to begin a new life in the city.
"I've had dreams of Boston all of my life / Chinatown between the sound of the night"
This feel-good tune by Vampire Weekend name-drops main landmarks and places in the great city of Boston.
"Well I love that dirty water / Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the Number One place)"
Many Bostonians say that this classic 1966 song has become the unofficial rock anthem for the city of Boston.
"For Boston, for Boston / Thy glory is our own / For Boston, for Boston / 'Tis here that truth is known"
This is a triumphant cover of Boston College's traditional fight song. This Dropkick Murphys version can often be heard at Boston College football games.
What other songs would you include on this list? Tell us your picks in the comments below.
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram