ACM Awards Recap: Who Won Big Last Night
Last night the country music industry descended on Las Vegas and took over the MGM Grand for a lively party and awards ceremony celebrating country's best artists. With fun-loving hosts and country superstars in their own right Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan in the driver's seat, the ACM Awards were tons of fun.
The night's performances included Shelton performing his latest single "Boys 'Round Here" with Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Sheryl Crow, and Pistol Annies, Lady Antebellum debuted their new song, "Downtown," and Carrie Underwood brought down the house with her performance of the hard-hitting "Two Black Cadillacs." There were also performances by Brad Paisley with John Mayer, Kelly Clarkson, Keith Urban with Tim McGraw, and country legend Garth Brooks.
As for the awards portion of the night: Miranda Lambert came out on top winning 3 awards but Luke Bryan took home the top prize — Entertainer of the Year. See all the winners:
Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan
Male Vocalist of the Year: Jason Aldean
Female Vocalist of the Year: Miranda Lambert
Single Record of the Year: "Over You," Miranda Lambert
Song of the Year: "Over You," Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton
Vocal Group of the Year: Little Big Town
New Artist of the Year: Florida Georgia Line
Album of the Year: "Chief," Eric Church
Vocal Duo of the Year: Thompson Square
Video of the Year: "Tornado," Little Big Town
Vocal Event of the Year: "The Only Way I Know," Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Eric Church
Songwriter of the Year: Dallas Davidson
Watch the winners' emotional acceptance speeches here. You can also check out photos of the show on CBS.com.
What was your favorite part of the ACM Awards? Tell us your thoughts on the show below!
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora Slay In 'Kill Bill'-inspired "Black Widow" Video