Adele + Gotye Get Their Lyric Battle On
The stats are in: for the first half of 2012, music's biggest sellers are Adele with her still-going-strong 2011 release 21 , and Gotye with his digital single "Somebody That I Used To Know" (currently at no.7 on iTunes and no.3 on our Top 100 chart). It doesn't surprise us in the least: people are head-over-heels for both Adele and Gotye's lyrics about bitter breakups and they're not falling out of love with the songs anytime soon. So that's why we want to know whose lyrics are better in your books: Adele's "Someone Like You" or Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know"...
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings
- Here's Every Song Nominated for a 2015 Oscar