Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
It turns out one of the biggest hits of the last 10 years came together in just two days...
Dan Wilson has written many hit songs — "Closing Time" and "Not Ready to Make Nice," to name just two — but none are bigger than "Someone Like You," the song he co-wrote with Adele off her GRAMMY Award winning album 21. During a recent visit to our studio, Dan talked a bit about the writing session with Adele that produced the song for a new episode of Between the Lines. It turns out it was recorded in the span of two short days, with the original demo possibly making it into the final version. They were so prompt in their writing that Adele was able to make a post-studio meeting that she had scheduled. Now that's what I call efficient hit-making! Watch the video above for the full story, including Dan explaining why he still performs the song on tour himself.
Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES...More
Check out past Between the Lines videos, featuring songwriters discussing their lyrics.
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Lissie Explains Why She Wrote A Song For People Who Hate Their Jobs
And be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay up to speed on all our new videos.
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!