American Idol's Lauren Alaina & Her Touching "Wildflower" Lyrics
Lauren gives us her all in her video for "Like My Mother Does"
Downhome Southern gal Lauren Alaina made it to the final two on the last season of Americal idol with fellow countryman Scotty McCreery, and even though she was crowned the runner up, she's making a name for herself in the pop/country world with her new album Wildflower. "Like My Mother Does" is the first single off the album, and we gotta admit we shed a lil' tear when we read her lyrics in tribute to her dear ol' mom:
People always say I have a laugh
Like my mother does
Guess that makes sense
She taught me how to smile
Here's what Lauren had to say about her lyrics dedicated to her mommy:
My mom quit her whole life and came to live with me in California. That song is my 'Thank You' to her.
Somebody pass the tissues! Ms. Alaina really knows how to write a tear-jerker!
Watch Lauren's Streetdate interview on Radio.com and let us know what you think of this spunky country girl!
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings