Ariana Grande Might Have Stolen These Lyrics
Uh oh! The singer's in trouble for her "The Way" lyrics...
Say it isn't so? Our darling actress-turned-singer Ariana Grande is being sued off the first line in her track "The Way", featuring Mac Miller. "What we gotta do right here is go back, back into time", says Miller before Ariana goes off with her signature vocal runs. A claim by Minder Music has been brought forward that team Grande has taken this verse from 1972 song "Troglodyte" by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. The original line? "What we're gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time".
However, many, many artists have borrowed samples from the 40+ year old disco jam, spanning over 70 times! Everybody from Lil' Kim to Madonna to Christina Aguilera has used a "Troglodyte" sample in their music, therefore it's likely the lawsuit won't make it to court.
For now, watch the music video for "The Way" by Ariana Grande off VEVO below: do YOU think the lawsuit is a valid claim? Tell us in the comments.
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- Oh My Gosh, Look At Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" Music Video
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters