Ariana Grande Might Have Stolen These Lyrics
Uh oh! The singer's in trouble for her "The Way" lyrics...
Say it isn't so? Our darling actress-turned-singer Ariana Grande is being sued off the first line in her track "The Way", featuring Mac Miller. "What we gotta do right here is go back, back into time", says Miller before Ariana goes off with her signature vocal runs. A claim by Minder Music has been brought forward that team Grande has taken this verse from 1972 song "Troglodyte" by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. The original line? "What we're gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time".
However, many, many artists have borrowed samples from the 40+ year old disco jam, spanning over 70 times! Everybody from Lil' Kim to Madonna to Christina Aguilera has used a "Troglodyte" sample in their music, therefore it's likely the lawsuit won't make it to court.
For now, watch the music video for "The Way" by Ariana Grande off VEVO below: do YOU think the lawsuit is a valid claim? Tell us in the comments.
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'