Ariana Grande Might Have Stolen These Lyrics
Uh oh! The singer's in trouble for her "The Way" lyrics...
Say it isn't so? Our darling actress-turned-singer Ariana Grande is being sued off the first line in her track "The Way", featuring Mac Miller. "What we gotta do right here is go back, back into time", says Miller before Ariana goes off with her signature vocal runs. A claim by Minder Music has been brought forward that team Grande has taken this verse from 1972 song "Troglodyte" by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. The original line? "What we're gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time".
However, many, many artists have borrowed samples from the 40+ year old disco jam, spanning over 70 times! Everybody from Lil' Kim to Madonna to Christina Aguilera has used a "Troglodyte" sample in their music, therefore it's likely the lawsuit won't make it to court.
For now, watch the music video for "The Way" by Ariana Grande off VEVO below: do YOU think the lawsuit is a valid claim? Tell us in the comments.
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video