Ariana Grande Might Have Stolen These Lyrics
Uh oh! The singer's in trouble for her "The Way" lyrics...
Say it isn't so? Our darling actress-turned-singer Ariana Grande is being sued off the first line in her track "The Way", featuring Mac Miller. "What we gotta do right here is go back, back into time", says Miller before Ariana goes off with her signature vocal runs. A claim by Minder Music has been brought forward that team Grande has taken this verse from 1972 song "Troglodyte" by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. The original line? "What we're gonna do right here is go back, way back, back into time".
However, many, many artists have borrowed samples from the 40+ year old disco jam, spanning over 70 times! Everybody from Lil' Kim to Madonna to Christina Aguilera has used a "Troglodyte" sample in their music, therefore it's likely the lawsuit won't make it to court.
For now, watch the music video for "The Way" by Ariana Grande off VEVO below: do YOU think the lawsuit is a valid claim? Tell us in the comments.
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics