At the Drive-In: Reunited And It Feels So Good
According to Wikipedia, the genre "Post-Hardcore" was active from the years 1993 to 2001 but with the reunion of one of the genre's most popular bands, that could all change. At the Drive-In, the ultra-successful post-hardcore band that broke up in 2001 has announced that they will reunite this year and we couldn't be more excited about the news.
The announcement of the reunion came Monday morning when the band posted on their website:
Wow. 11 WHOLE YEARS! Naturally, since the Coachella lineup was announced later the same day, the music blogosphere was filled with speculation on whether the band reunited in order to play Coachella and all signs point to...yes! We're not saying that's the only reason they reunited but it's certainly a good one.
At the Drive-In is on the Coachella roster for the very last night which is an extremely coveted spot that's fitting for a band whose fans have been waiting for ages for this reunion. Buzz surrounding the band was ignited when in 2009, frontman Omar Rodriguez-Lopez was quoted in an interview saying "...ten years later, we're not holding a grudge and we're all cool with it. People pick up on the difference of attitude and think 'oh, this could mean a possible reunion," but he went on to say it was just rumours and wishful thinking. Clearly the band has had a change of heart!
We can't wait to see what kind of new (and old) material they pull out at Coachella! Are you excited for their reunion?
- You+Me Drop New Lyric Video for "Capsized"
- The 5 Most Pin-Able Lyrics From One Direction's "Steal My Girl"
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet