Avril Lavigne Talks Songwriting + Lyrics in NYLON Magazine
Even though Avril Lavigne's latest single is titled "Here's To Never Growing Up", the singer/songwriter revealed in NYLON magazine that her song's words are really getting deeper...
Even though Avril Lavigne's latest single is titled "Here's To Never Growing Up", the singer/songwriter revealed in NYLON magazine that her song's words are really getting deeper. To quote Avril on her upcoming fifth studio album: "This time, it's not just all songs about relationships and dudes".
She also reminds the world how she started in the music industry, and how she was different at the time with her image and specifially, lyrics: "I wasn't the girl baring her midriff with backup dancers and a headset microphone. I came out and had a lot to say with my lyrics, and I played the guitar. I had a completely different getup, stage presence, everything."
So, what about Ms. Lavigne's lyrics on her new album? She had this to say: "Lyrically I pushed myself to talk about different subjects I haven't talked about before. I didn't want to be so simple. I tried to really express myself and go deeper."
One more tidbit from Avril on her songwriting: she keeps it real! "I'm so transparent. If I'm not being myself, I won't do well, and that goes for writing songs, work, relationships, everything. And if I'm not happy, people are going to know that."
We can't wait to hear what kind of songs Avril's written for her yet-to-be-titled fifth album. What about you?
- The Mowgli's Wrote Out Their New Song For Us And The Doodles Are Amazing
- Check Out Every Lyric Off Rising-Star Kat Dahlia's Debut Album
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist
- 15 Artists We Bet Will Make Waves In 2015
- Daniel Kim Mixed 66 Songs In His 2014 Pop Danthology Mashup
- Get All The Lyrics To Nicki Minaj's Epic New Album 'The Pinkprint'