Avril Lavigne Talks Songwriting + Lyrics in NYLON Magazine
Even though Avril Lavigne's latest single is titled "Here's To Never Growing Up", the singer/songwriter revealed in NYLON magazine that her song's words are really getting deeper...
Even though Avril Lavigne's latest single is titled "Here's To Never Growing Up", the singer/songwriter revealed in NYLON magazine that her song's words are really getting deeper. To quote Avril on her upcoming fifth studio album: "This time, it's not just all songs about relationships and dudes".
She also reminds the world how she started in the music industry, and how she was different at the time with her image and specifially, lyrics: "I wasn't the girl baring her midriff with backup dancers and a headset microphone. I came out and had a lot to say with my lyrics, and I played the guitar. I had a completely different getup, stage presence, everything."
So, what about Ms. Lavigne's lyrics on her new album? She had this to say: "Lyrically I pushed myself to talk about different subjects I haven't talked about before. I didn't want to be so simple. I tried to really express myself and go deeper."
One more tidbit from Avril on her songwriting: she keeps it real! "I'm so transparent. If I'm not being myself, I won't do well, and that goes for writing songs, work, relationships, everything. And if I'm not happy, people are going to know that."
We can't wait to hear what kind of songs Avril's written for her yet-to-be-titled fifth album. What about you?
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"
- Go On A Date With Every One Direction Member in "Night Changes"
- 5 More Songs That Were Written For Other Artists