Bat For Lashes Tells Us Her Inspiration Behind "Lilies": MetroLyrics Exclusive
Yesterday, you saw talented singer-songwriter Natasha Khan aka Bat For Lashes talk about the lyrics to her song "All Your Gold" and how the song is about a man who did her wrong. On the flip-side, in today's video Khan explains the sweeping, romantic "Lilies" from her latest album The Haunted Man.
In the above clip, the songwriter explains that "Lilies" was inspired by one of her favorite films, the 1970's British film Ryan's Daughter. The song was one of the first she wrote for the album and it's about being positive about life, moving through struggles, and reaching epiphanies. Watch the video to hear how she describes it in her own words.
Hear "Lilies" performed live:
Watch the previous video about Bat For Lashes' song "All Your Gold" here.
What do you think of the story behind "Lilies"? Tell us in the comments!
- 10 Fun Facts About John Legend's 'All of Me'
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School