Bat For Lashes Tells Us Her Inspiration Behind "Lilies": MetroLyrics Exclusive
Yesterday, you saw talented singer-songwriter Natasha Khan aka Bat For Lashes talk about the lyrics to her song "All Your Gold" and how the song is about a man who did her wrong. On the flip-side, in today's video Khan explains the sweeping, romantic "Lilies" from her latest album The Haunted Man.
In the above clip, the songwriter explains that "Lilies" was inspired by one of her favorite films, the 1970's British film Ryan's Daughter. The song was one of the first she wrote for the album and it's about being positive about life, moving through struggles, and reaching epiphanies. Watch the video to hear how she describes it in her own words.
Hear "Lilies" performed live:
Watch the previous video about Bat For Lashes' song "All Your Gold" here.
What do you think of the story behind "Lilies"? Tell us in the comments!
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs