Bat For Lashes Tells Us Her Inspiration Behind "Lilies": MetroLyrics Exclusive
Yesterday, you saw talented singer-songwriter Natasha Khan aka Bat For Lashes talk about the lyrics to her song "All Your Gold" and how the song is about a man who did her wrong. On the flip-side, in today's video Khan explains the sweeping, romantic "Lilies" from her latest album The Haunted Man.
In the above clip, the songwriter explains that "Lilies" was inspired by one of her favorite films, the 1970's British film Ryan's Daughter. The song was one of the first she wrote for the album and it's about being positive about life, moving through struggles, and reaching epiphanies. Watch the video to hear how she describes it in her own words.
Hear "Lilies" performed live:
Watch the previous video about Bat For Lashes' song "All Your Gold" here.
What do you think of the story behind "Lilies"? Tell us in the comments!
- WATCH: Foo Fighters Perform Brand New Single 'Something From Nothing' On Letterman
- Foo Fighters Play Cheap Trick Classic 'Stiff Competition' with Rick Nielsen: WATCH
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video
- Here's One Direction's 'Four' Track List From The Band Themselves
- Watch Foo Fighters Perform 'Miracle' & 'Polk Salad Annie' on Letterman
- Cage the Elephant Gave Us Some Amazing Lyric Art for New Single 'Cigarette Daydreams'
- Watch Foo Fighters & Heart Play 'Kick It Out' on Letterman