Beat the Monday Blues With 3 Songs For the Longest Day of the Week
Has anyone ever told you it "Looks like you have a case of the Monday's!"? Have you ever then wanted to punch them in the face? We don't condone violence (ever!) but Monday is just one of those days that can make you feel like you're trudging through 3 feet of snow uphill on 2 hours of sleep. That's how we sometimes feel at the beginning of the work/school week.
One thing that can always change our moods, though? Music! We asked you what your favorite "Monday" songs are, and here are 3 that are sure to chase your blues away...
"Monday, Monday, so good to me / Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be / But Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee / That Monday evening, you would still be here with me"
This song may be about somebody's lover leaving them on a Monday, but we can't help but feel comforted by the beautiful harmonies of this quintessential 1960's group. Plus, their song reached #1 on this day in 1966 and today's a Monday! See, good things can happen today!
"How does it feel / When you treat me like you do / And you've laid your hands upon me / And told me who you are?"
If this song doesn't have you feeling instantly energized and dancing around while you get ready for your day, then you might as well go back to bed.
"Today I don't feel like doing anything / I just wanna lay in my bed / Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone / 'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything"
This song doesn't specifically mention "Monday" but when asked for the best Monday song there was an overwhelming request for Bruno Mars's lazy-person anthem. This chill song certainly makes us feel better about not wanting to do anything.
What other songs do you turn to on a Monday? Let us know below!
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School