Black Lips Return With "Boys In The Wood" (LYRIC VIDEO)
Get to know the words to the new single from the Southern rockers!
Critically-acclaimed rock n' roll band Black Lips have just dropped a single from their upcoming album, Underneath the Rainbow, which is set to be released on Vice Records on March 18th, 2014. Music fans were excited to hear "Boys In The Wood" , which is a lyrical spin on Eazy-E's classic hip-hop jam "Boyz N The Hood".
The pulsating song, set to a bluesy 3/4 time signature, has lead singer Cole Alexander singing a warning in the chorus "When the boys start to drinking / You know it ain't no good / Ain't gonna live for tomorrow / You know you never should". The song paints a vivid picture of the bleak lifestyle of a kid living in the backwoods.
The lyric video for the track is simple, but makes sense when it comes to the band's style: they're letting the words speak for themselves. Watch it below and get to know the "Boys In The Wood":
What do you think of the return of the Black Lips? Got a favorite lyric line from "Boys In The Wood"?
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist