Blink-182's "Up All Night" Looks Kinda Familiar...
Alright, I love Blink-182, and I'm super stoked they've embarked on a huge comeback... but I got a severe case of deja vu while watching their music video for "Up All Night". I'm not saying the Blink boys are stealing here, but there are some definite indirect references goin' on. Observe.
1. Come on baby, light my fire
This is around the time when the song cuts out to play Nelly's "Hot In Herre", because if you didn't notice, there's a gigantic fire in the background. Throughout the "Underclass Hero" music video Sum 41 jam in front of a big fat bonfire showing just how rebellious they are. The Blink boys also show their bad boy side when they do the same thing during a suburban street rock sesh.
2. Big Comfy Couch
I don't know what it is with pop-punk bands always having couches outside. Maybe it's because couches are always associated with being lazy / watching TV, etc... So when they're put on someone's front lawn it's like "Check this out, you can't call me lazy, I'm outside!" Touche, pop punkers, touche.
3. SK8 OR DIE
Skateboarding is a must-have in all pop-punk vids since it's the ultimate anti-social turned cool-guy sport. Trust me, if you're a bit of a geek, just grab a skateboard and it'll up your cool factor at least five points. Just don't bail Lil Wayne style.
4. Suburban Life
Why are pop-punkers always terrorizing the suburbs? Box Car Racer plays an impromptu show in front of some poor girl's house and they don't stop even when her parents yell at them! Meanwhile, the kids in "Up All Night" have transformed their once quiet streets into a parent-free zone, complete with entire living room sets laid out on front lawns.
Need I say more? Again, I'm not hatin on Blink. "Up All Night" just reminded me of how much I love the classic pop-punk music vid. Rock on y'all!
- Bruno Mars Returns with Mark Ronson in "Uptown Funk"
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola