Bruce Springsteen To Debut New Music On CBS's The Good Wife
The Boss is back!
Update: Bruce Springsteen's new album High Hopes is now streaming in its entirety exclusively at CBS.com.
American rock legend Bruce Springsteen will debut new music from his upcoming album High Hopes on an upcoming episode of the CBS drama The Good Wife. The episode is set to air January 12th (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and will feature three songs from the album, the title track "High Hopes," "Hunter of Invisible Game" and "The Ghost of Tom Joad." In addition, Bruce's new album will be streaming in its entirety on CBS prior to the episode's airing.
"We love using music in The Good Wife, and we always have the music inform the action and the cutting," said Robert King and Michelle King, the show's executive producers and creators. "So when the Bruce Springsteen songs became available, we couldn't believe our luck. We wished we could use the whole album."
High Hopes is Bruce's 18th studio album, and is scheduled for a Jan. 14, 2014 release. On what this album means to him: "This is music I always felt needed to be released," writes Springsteen. "From the gangsters of "Harry's Place," the ill-prepared roomies on 'Frankie Fell In Love' (shades of Steve and I bumming together in our Asbury Park apartment), the travelers in the wasteland of "Hunter Of Invisible Game," to the soldier and his visiting friend in "The Wall," I felt they all deserved a home and a hearing."
It sounds as though Bruce's blue-collar bonafides will really shine on this LP. Watch the music/lyric video for the title track from Bruce's new album below. And be sure to tune into The Good Wife on January 12th at 9pm ET to hear Bruce provide the soundtrack.
What's your favorite Bruce lyric of all-time? Share it in the comments.
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola