Carly Rae Jepsen Tells Us The Lyrics That Changed Her Life In Our My Musical Mind Survey
What a year it's been for singer/songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen: ever since the release of her single "Call Me Maybe" off her EP Curiosity earlier this year, her career has skyrocketed thanks to a little-known couple in pop: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez! The adorable pair lip-synced to "Call Me Maybe" near the end of February, and the song quickly went viral. We interviewed Carly about her songwriting & what inspires her, and lo and behold: she was signed to Justin Bieber and Scooter Braun's Schoolboy Records a mere day or two after we spoke with her! Three Lyric Battles and one more famous lipsync later (thanks Katy Perry & friends), Carly shot to the top of our lyrics chart and has remained there for over three weeks now! *takes a breath* Wow, that's a lot of accomplishments in just a few months, Carly — now let's take a peek at your Musical Mind...
Note: isn't it cool how Carly said she was listening to Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know" and they're right next to each other in our Top 100?
What do you think of Carly Rae Jepsen's My Musical Mind? Let us know in the comments!
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden
- This Company Makes A Living by Putting Hit Song Lyrics On Clothing
- Memorize These 15 Karaoke Classics to Whip Out at Your Next Party