Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe": The Lyrics Are About...
We know you guys love breakout star and Justin Bieber favorite Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" — it kicked Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" out of the number 2 spot on our top lyrics, for gosh sakes! The beat is catchy, Carly's sweet vocals are enticing, and the lyrics are fun and flirty: but who the heck is she singing about?
There's always somebody behind the lyrics of a hit song, whether it's Adele's now famous ex in "Someone Like You" or Selena Gomez in Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend", so Carly decided to reveal the guy behind her popular tune: her significant other!
Looks like Interview magazine got the scoop on the guy behind Carly's lyrics:
"It began as a folky acoustic number. I was at my uncle's house and then the bridge, you know, 'Before you came into my life I missed you so bad,' that's about this guy who I'm seeing, he makes up for all the things that I'm not. It's awesome! I missed him before he was even in my life."
We think it's adorable that Carly drew her lyrics from real life experiences, and it's also what we think makes the song so likeable!
Remember when we chatted with Carly back in February when all of her success was just beginning? Revisit it here!
- Here's Our Fave Five Lyrics About Body Acceptance
- Counting Crows To Perform New Song 'Scarecrow' on CBS This Morning
- AUDIO: Nick Jonas Admits He Gets "Jealous"
- Alicia Keys Debuts New Single "We Are Here"
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'