Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe": The Lyrics Are About...
We know you guys love breakout star and Justin Bieber favorite Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" — it kicked Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" out of the number 2 spot on our top lyrics, for gosh sakes! The beat is catchy, Carly's sweet vocals are enticing, and the lyrics are fun and flirty: but who the heck is she singing about?
There's always somebody behind the lyrics of a hit song, whether it's Adele's now famous ex in "Someone Like You" or Selena Gomez in Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend", so Carly decided to reveal the guy behind her popular tune: her significant other!
Looks like Interview magazine got the scoop on the guy behind Carly's lyrics:
"It began as a folky acoustic number. I was at my uncle's house and then the bridge, you know, 'Before you came into my life I missed you so bad,' that's about this guy who I'm seeing, he makes up for all the things that I'm not. It's awesome! I missed him before he was even in my life."
We think it's adorable that Carly drew her lyrics from real life experiences, and it's also what we think makes the song so likeable!
Remember when we chatted with Carly back in February when all of her success was just beginning? Revisit it here!
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings