Carly Rae Jepsen's New Album "Kiss" Due September 18th
What a year it's been for our homegirl Carly Rae Jepsen: just at the beginning of 2012, she belonged to a local label and released her Curiosity EP, and now she's an international superstar! Back when we interviewed the rising pop singer in February, Carly was keeping mum that Justin Bieber's manager scooped her up and signed CJR to Schoolboy Records. Now, a release date has finally been set for Carly's first major record (September 18th), and the title? Simple, striking, and sexy, Carly went with Kiss. Hmm, do you think she was inspired by this line from "Call Me Maybe"? "I'd trade my soul for a wish / Pennies and dimes for a kiss / I wasn't looking for this / But now you're in my way"
Want to know who inspired Carly during the recording of her new album? States the pop star: "The record is pop. It's inspired by Robyn, The Cars, Madonna, and believe it or not, James Taylor. I can't wait to share it with everyone! Kiss." Do you think that Carly's new album will be a success? What will the lyrics be about? We're thinking folk-y lyrics with a pop beat.
For now, here's the song that you know and love so much that we don't even have to mention the title:
- Watch Coldplay Attempt to Write a 'Game Of Thrones' Musical
- 15 BBQ Anthems For Your Upcoming Summer Weekend
- Yep, That's Justin Bieber Singing "Baby" with James Corden
- Watch Foo Fighters Close Out Letterman's Final Show With 'Everlong'
- This Video of Misheard Disney Lyrics Is Too Cute
- Alessia Cara's 'Here' Is An Anthem for the Introverted
- One Direction Address Zayn Malik's Departure, Play Epic Game of Dodgeball On Corden