Celebrate Sushi Day With These 3 Sushi-Loving Hip-Hop Lyrics
Rappers, wrappers — what's the diff?
We know it's Yeezus Day and all, but there's another momentous occasion that takes place on June 18th, and that's Sushi Day! To celebrate, we decided to track down lyrical references to the Japanese food and stumbled upon a few rappers who seem to share a particular affinity for the cuisine — enough, at least, to shout it out in their songs. Check out these 3 sushi-loving lyrics and grab your chopsticks...
"Admitted it to me the first time we dated / But she was no angel, and we never waited / I took her for sushi..."
Nothing like a sushi date to get the first of love burning, huh Drake?
"Cotton candy, laced in gold / Stack that money, sushi roll / Bottles up, feeling throw'd / V.I.P it, overload..."
Iggy's got a fat stack rolled up, to the point that it resembles a sushi roll. She could buy an awful lot of sashimi with that.
"Yes I love sushi, love my calamari / But ain't no better chef than my very own mommy..."
Because nothing beats home cooking — even sushi.
Can you think of any lyrics that name-drop sushi? Let us know in the comments...
- 10 New Pop Tracks We're Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- The 10 Best Performances At The 2014 American Music Awards
- Is '7/11' The Best Beyonce Music Video Of All Time?
- Metallica Wrap Late Late Show Run With 'Sad But True' — Relive Every Performance
- WALK THE MOON Preview New Album With Awesome Hand-Drawn Lyric Art (EXCLUSIVE)
- WATCH 5 Seconds Of Summer's "What I Like About You" Lyric Video
- Metallica's Late Late Show Run Continues With "Enter Sandman"