Charli XCX Wrote Songs For Britney Spears' New Album
The 21-year-old up-and-coming songwriter has a song under her belt just for Britney!
You may not recognize the name Charli XCX, but you've definiely heard a song she helped pen: the up-and-coming pop singer/songwriter helped write Icona Pop's smash single "I Love It". Now, the Londoner is moving on to an even bigger songwriting gig: penning tracks for Britney Spears!
According to Digital Spy, Charli has been enlisted to write for Britney's upcoming eighth studio album, joining the likes of big names like will.i.am and Sia. To quote Charli herself on the songwriting process: "I was freaking out. I didn't even want to go to the session, I was so excited. I was so worried I would f*** it up. We've written one song and it's a great track and if she likes it then amazing. It was just an honor to be asked."
We think this is exciting news, because if the song she wrote for Spears is as much of a pump-up jam as "I Love It" is, we think Britney could have another massive hit on her hands. What do you think of Charli XCX writing songs for BritBrit? Let us know your thoughts...
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- QUIZ: Do You Know All The Words To "Bohemian Rhapsody"?
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now