Charli XCX Wrote Songs For Britney Spears' New Album
The 21-year-old up-and-coming songwriter has a song under her belt just for Britney!
You may not recognize the name Charli XCX, but you've definiely heard a song she helped pen: the up-and-coming pop singer/songwriter helped write Icona Pop's smash single "I Love It". Now, the Londoner is moving on to an even bigger songwriting gig: penning tracks for Britney Spears!
According to Digital Spy, Charli has been enlisted to write for Britney's upcoming eighth studio album, joining the likes of big names like will.i.am and Sia. To quote Charli herself on the songwriting process: "I was freaking out. I didn't even want to go to the session, I was so excited. I was so worried I would f*** it up. We've written one song and it's a great track and if she likes it then amazing. It was just an honor to be asked."
We think this is exciting news, because if the song she wrote for Spears is as much of a pump-up jam as "I Love It" is, we think Britney could have another massive hit on her hands. What do you think of Charli XCX writing songs for BritBrit? Let us know your thoughts...
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele