Here's Why Chris Carrabba Always Trusts His Gut When Writing Songs
The Twin Forks lead-singer explains while discussing his band's new song 'Something We Just Know'...
Welcome back to Between the Lines, our series where we ask some of music's biggest songwriters to tell us how they came up with their best lyrics. In this episode, former Dashboard Confessional frontman and current Twin Forks member Chris Carrabba broke down a particular lyric on the latter band's "Something We Just Know."
As the title suggests, the words are inspired by Chris's ability to trust his gut, and it's a trait he's possessed and sharpened throughout his 20+ years in the music biz. The line Some may use their judgement, some will use their wisdom / Me I, use my gut, and my gut don't lie to me may be referencing the certainty he has in the relationship described in the song, but Carrabba goes on to tell us that his instinct runs even deeper than his lyrics: he just knows when something is wrong or right with his life. Must be what makes him such a profound songwriter! Watch our latest BTL episode featuring Chris Carrabba in the player above and be inspired to follow your own instinct.
Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES...More
Check out past Between the Lines videos, featuring songwriters discussing their lyrics.
- Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
- Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
- Jamie Scott Teases New Song 'Unbreakable', Explains Why He Had to Keep it For Himself
- Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn Explains Why 'Sleeping With A Friend' Is Usually A Bad Idea
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Lissie Explains Why She Wrote A Song For People Who Hate Their Jobs
- Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'
- Watch This Guy Prank Call C-SPAN Using Lyrics to The Fresh Prince Theme