CMA Awards Recap: All The Highlights
The Country Music Association Awards, or CMA Awards, were held last night in Nashville and aired on ABC. These awards always deliver a fun, carefree show with amazing live performances and this year's ceremony was no exception. Acts like The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Scotty McCreery, and Miranda Lambert performed and Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley hosted the star-studded event.
Lets take a look at the highlights from this year's CMA's:
- The big winner's were The Band Perry (who happened to have filled out a My Musical Mind for us!) taking home 3 awards for New Artist, Single of the Year, and Song of the Year.
- Taylor Swift won her second Entertainer of the Year award and happily accepted it saying, "To win it twice is like the coolest thing that's ever happened to me happening twice." Awww!
- Blake Shelton performed the song Footloose and it...didn't go quite as planned. He kept a great sense of humor about it though, tweeting:
- Hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood performed a hilarious "tribute" to Hank Williams Jr. poking fun at his recent shenanigans. It was all fun and games until Williams showed up on stage! Just kidding, he was a good sport about the whole thing and it turned out pretty funny.
- Miranda Lambert's performance was one of the highlights; she performed her newest hit single Baggage Claim and actually had the whole stage on fire during the song!
To view the rest of the winners, check out our 2011 CMA Awards page! Giddy up!
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs