Coldplay Reveal Lyrics To New Song "Atlas"
It's the first song off the upcoming Hunger Games soundtrack, aptly named after the Greek mythological figure.
Coldplay took to Twitter today to debut the lyrics to new song "Atlas," the first song announced from the soundtrack of the upcoming film Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The handwritten lyric sheet was revealed in a Tweet sent by none other than front-man Chris Martin, which you can see below.
#Atlas CM pic.twitter.com/7KIiTvP1tt
— Coldplay (@coldplay) August 9, 2013
Although the Hunger Games film itself is due out November 22nd, fans won't have to wait that long to hear the new song. It's scheduled for release on August 26th.
Judging by this handwritten lyric-sheet, the chorus includes the lyric, "Carry your world / I'll carry your world / Carry your world and all your hurt" — clearly a reference to the Greek mythological figure who held the Earth on his shoulders. (Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Here are the handwritten lyrics in full:
What's your favorite line from "Atlas"? Tell us in the comments.
- Find Out Why Surfing Helps Jason Mraz Write Such Carefree Songs
- Ariana Grande's "Break Free" Lyric Video Is A Star Wars Tribute!
- Watch Johnnyswim Explain Why They Went Back To Their Roots and Wrote The Song 'Home'
- Play These 8 Reggae Jams At Your Next Beach Outing
- Shawn Mendes' "Life Of The Party" Lyric Video Isn't A Party At All
- The 5 Most Iconic Pink Floyd Lyrics Of All Time
- Madonna Shares Lyrics to New Song "Messiah" On Instagram