Coldplay Reveal Lyrics To New Song "Atlas"
It's the first song off the upcoming Hunger Games soundtrack, aptly named after the Greek mythological figure.
Coldplay took to Twitter today to debut the lyrics to new song "Atlas," the first song announced from the soundtrack of the upcoming film Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The handwritten lyric sheet was revealed in a Tweet sent by none other than front-man Chris Martin, which you can see below.
#Atlas CM pic.twitter.com/7KIiTvP1tt
— Coldplay (@coldplay) August 9, 2013
Although the Hunger Games film itself is due out November 22nd, fans won't have to wait that long to hear the new song. It's scheduled for release on August 26th.
Judging by this handwritten lyric-sheet, the chorus includes the lyric, "Carry your world / I'll carry your world / Carry your world and all your hurt" — clearly a reference to the Greek mythological figure who held the Earth on his shoulders. (Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Here are the handwritten lyrics in full:
What's your favorite line from "Atlas"? Tell us in the comments.
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show
- WIN the Handwritten Lyrics to OMI's Insanely Catchy Song "Cheerleader"