Coldplay Reveal Lyrics To New Song "Atlas"
It's the first song off the upcoming Hunger Games soundtrack, aptly named after the Greek mythological figure.
Coldplay took to Twitter today to debut the lyrics to new song "Atlas," the first song announced from the soundtrack of the upcoming film Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The handwritten lyric sheet was revealed in a Tweet sent by none other than front-man Chris Martin, which you can see below.
#Atlas CM pic.twitter.com/7KIiTvP1tt
— Coldplay (@coldplay) August 9, 2013
Although the Hunger Games film itself is due out November 22nd, fans won't have to wait that long to hear the new song. It's scheduled for release on August 26th.
Judging by this handwritten lyric-sheet, the chorus includes the lyric, "Carry your world / I'll carry your world / Carry your world and all your hurt" — clearly a reference to the Greek mythological figure who held the Earth on his shoulders. (Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Here are the handwritten lyrics in full:
What's your favorite line from "Atlas"? Tell us in the comments.
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs
- Watch Dan Wilson Talk About Writing a Little Song Called 'Someone Like You' With Adele