Dawes: Interview + Acoustic Performance from 'Nothing Is Wrong'
Once under the moniker Simon Dawes, the California 4-piece was opening for big bands in '04/'05: Maroon 5 and Eisley, just to name a few. Enter the departure of Blake Mills, the band's co-songwriter, and with him left Simon Dawes' signature post-folk-punk sound. Drummer Stuart Johnson parted ways with the band as well, so with the sudden change in the lineup, lead singer/songwriter Taylor Goldsmith decided to continue on. He recruited his brother Griffin and new member Tay Straithairn to complete the 4-piece once again, and dropped the "Simon" from the band's name. In 2009, the new folk-rock Dawes was born.
Now embarking on their US tour with Blitzen Trapper to support the June 2011 release Nothing Is Wrong, the guys are really coming together as a group, which possibly sprung the album's title. Check out Dawes' exclusive acoustic performance of "Time Spent In Los Angeles" for Street Date:
And be sure to catch Street Date's exclusive interview with Dawes on their new record, songwriting, and more. What do you think of the up-and-coming folk rock band? Let us know!
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?
- WIN Handwritten Lyrics from 5 Seconds of Summer!
- WATCH Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd's "Love Me Harder" Lyric Video
- New Music From Gwen Stefani! Hear "Baby Don't Lie"
- Taylor Swift Told The World What Her "Out Of The Woods" Lyrics Mean
- 15 Songs That MetroLyrics Fans Are Listening To Right Now
- Get The First Spin On Paul Oakenfold & Azealia Banks' New Lyric Video