Dawes: Interview + Acoustic Performance from 'Nothing Is Wrong'
Once under the moniker Simon Dawes, the California 4-piece was opening for big bands in '04/'05: Maroon 5 and Eisley, just to name a few. Enter the departure of Blake Mills, the band's co-songwriter, and with him left Simon Dawes' signature post-folk-punk sound. Drummer Stuart Johnson parted ways with the band as well, so with the sudden change in the lineup, lead singer/songwriter Taylor Goldsmith decided to continue on. He recruited his brother Griffin and new member Tay Straithairn to complete the 4-piece once again, and dropped the "Simon" from the band's name. In 2009, the new folk-rock Dawes was born.
Now embarking on their US tour with Blitzen Trapper to support the June 2011 release Nothing Is Wrong, the guys are really coming together as a group, which possibly sprung the album's title. Check out Dawes' exclusive acoustic performance of "Time Spent In Los Angeles" for Street Date:
And be sure to catch Street Date's exclusive interview with Dawes on their new record, songwriting, and more. What do you think of the up-and-coming folk rock band? Let us know!
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"