deCODED: Beyoncé - Love On Top
With the sudden release of her music video for "Love On Top", we found it fitting to cover Captain Beyoncé's happy-go-lucky tune for our deCODED feature. So what does her uplifting song mean, exactly? Let's take a peek at the lyrics:
I can see the stars all the way from here
Can't you see the glow on the window pane?
I can feel the sun whenever you're near
Every time you touch me I just melt away
Now everybody asks me why I'm smiling out from ear to ear
(They say love hurts)
But I know
(It's gonna take the real work)
Nothing's perfect, but it's worth it after fighting through my fears
And finally you put me first
Even though everything she touches turns to gold, it looks like Bey's got insecurities like practically everybody else on the planet. We're gonna assume the song's penned towards the turning point in the BeyJay (Beyoncé & Jay-Z: look out Brangelina!) relationship — potentially when she first gave all of herself away to him. He finally put her love on top!
Baby it's you
You're the one I love
You're the one I need
You're the only one I see
Come on baby it's you
You're the one that gives your all
You're the one I can always call
When I need you make everything stop
Finally you put my love on top
Clearly, Beyoncé's man can do no wrong in her eyes. Which makes sense, because when you're one of the biggest superstars in the world, you need to be with somebody who you can trust and doesn't betray you. You go, Jay-Z! Thanks for making our girl smile from ear to ear. :)
If you've got your own interpretation of the song, or have a suggestion for a tune that needs to be deCODED, let us know in the comments!
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola