deCODED: Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
Christina Perri burst onto the scene as a new artist in a big way; her song 'A Thousand Years' was used on the Twilight: Breaking Dawn movie soundtrack. This publicity helped propel her into our Top 100 and into the consciousness of music lovers around the world. 'A Thousand Years' was written "for Edward and Bella in their perspective," Perri says. "It's the purest love song I think I could have possibly written. It's about the simplest kind of love and a timeless love." Let's take a look behind the lyrics to decode this epic love song...
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall / But watching you stand alone / All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
She's afraid to love and be vulnerable, but the other person makes her feel calm and sure of her love.
I have died everyday waiting for you / Darling don't be afraid I have loved you / For a thousand years / I'll love you for a thousand more
The love she has for this person is so pure and so timeless that she'll love them til the end of time.
I will not let anything take away / What's standing in front of me / Every breath / Every hour has come to this
She feels like all her life has been leading up to this moment, and the love for this one person. She has prepared for this her entire life and she won't let anything stand in her way.
And all along I believed that I would find you / Time has brought your heart to me
They are finally together, all it took was time and patience.
All these lyrics confirm that 'A Thousand Years' is a beautiful love song, and perfectly fitting for the Breaking Dawn movie. The video contains footage from Edward and Bella's wedding so don't miss it! :
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn
- SAT Prep Book Publishes A Major Taylor Swift Lyric Flub
- Ne-Yo Explains How He and Calvin Harris Created EDM Magic on 'Let's Go'