deCODED: City & Colour - Fragile Bird
The sensitive songwriter Dallas Green's solo project City & Colour continues with the release of his third album Little Hell, and his first single "Fragile Bird" is just asking to be deCODED:
When she sleeps,
There is a fever dream, yeah
It brings a night terror
To harm this fragile bird
She speaks in tongues
Her words they come undone, yeah
And with her wayward mind
She struggles through the night
Canadian music & arts site AUX TV chatted with Green about the meaning behind his lyrics, and the ex-Alexisonfire frontman had this to say:
"The song is about my wife's night terrors, which she has all the time. It can be really spooky...sometime's it's really funny, but a lot of the time it can just be really startling and really scary. So I just wrote this song about that side of it."
Poor Leah Miller (Green's wife)! I hope she's OK with the world knowing about her night terrors! Check out the behind-the-scenes look at City & Colour's video for "Fragile Bird", and stay tuned for more deCODED segments...
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School
- Which Will Smith Movie Helped Inspire Bryce Vine's Song 'Take Me Home'?
- WATCH President Obama's Hilarious Take On Ariana Grande's "Problem"