deCODED: City & Colour - Fragile Bird
The sensitive songwriter Dallas Green's solo project City & Colour continues with the release of his third album Little Hell, and his first single "Fragile Bird" is just asking to be deCODED:
When she sleeps,
There is a fever dream, yeah
It brings a night terror
To harm this fragile bird
She speaks in tongues
Her words they come undone, yeah
And with her wayward mind
She struggles through the night
Canadian music & arts site AUX TV chatted with Green about the meaning behind his lyrics, and the ex-Alexisonfire frontman had this to say:
"The song is about my wife's night terrors, which she has all the time. It can be really spooky...sometime's it's really funny, but a lot of the time it can just be really startling and really scary. So I just wrote this song about that side of it."
Poor Leah Miller (Green's wife)! I hope she's OK with the world knowing about her night terrors! Check out the behind-the-scenes look at City & Colour's video for "Fragile Bird", and stay tuned for more deCODED segments...
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love