deCODED: Drake ft. Rihanna - Take Care
The music world is currently abuzz with the upcoming release of Canadian rapper Drake's second studio album Take Care, due November 15th, and we can see why. With names like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Andre 3000, and Rick Ross on the record, we kind of have a feeling that Drizzy's got a best seller on his hands. Following in the footsteps of the massive hit "What's My Name", Drake and Rihanna have teamed up again for the album's title song "Take Care":
Know you've been hurt by someone else
I can tell by the way you carry yourself
If you let me, here's what I'll do
I'll take care of you
I've loved and I've lost
The first verse of the song comes from Rihanna, classically reassuring her new love that she's there for them, ready to "take care" of their broken heart from a previous lover.
I've asked about you and they've told me things
But my mind didn't change
I still the feel the same
A life with no fun, please don't be so ashamed
On Drake's verse, he now speaks to his new love and saying that he's going to take care of her despite all the rumors he's heard. Here's another verse in the same vein:
'Cause your mind don't control what it does sometimes
We all have our nights though, don't be so ashamed
I've had mine, you've had yours, we both know
We know, you hate being alone
Instead of focusing on outer beauty, like a lot of rappers do, Drake & Rihanna take it deeper and let their respective loved ones know that no matter what flaws they posses, they will be there till the end. *sigh*
What are your thoughts on the meaning of the song?
- Watch Meghan Trainor's Candy-Colored "Lips Are Movin" Video
- Get The Party Started With Chase Rice's 'We Goin' Out' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- Find Out Who's Performing At The 2014 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell's "Text Me Merry Christmas" Is Your New Modern Xmas Anthem
- Metallica Light Up The Late Late Show With 'Fuel'
- Watch Metallica Rock The Late Late Show With 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'
- Watch Band Aid 30's "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and Help Stop Ebola