deCODED: Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
To celebrate the 24th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction, I thought I'd try and decipher the "jungle" of lyrics that configure one of GnR's greatest hits.
The lyrics seem to be about their hometown of Los Angeles — gettin' ruffed up around town, hanging with girls and throwing around money. Seems pretty spot on. If I wanted to dig a little deeper, I could say that this song's potentially influenced by the Vietnam war, referenced by different situations in L.A. The "jungle" metaphor is obvious, as well as the whole primal vibe the song gives off.
Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here everyday
You learn to live like an animal
In the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me
Did I miss anything? Let me know!
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics
- The Voice's Christina Grimmie Really Likes Video Games
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze