deCODED: Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
To celebrate the 24th anniversary of Appetite for Destruction, I thought I'd try and decipher the "jungle" of lyrics that configure one of GnR's greatest hits.
The lyrics seem to be about their hometown of Los Angeles — gettin' ruffed up around town, hanging with girls and throwing around money. Seems pretty spot on. If I wanted to dig a little deeper, I could say that this song's potentially influenced by the Vietnam war, referenced by different situations in L.A. The "jungle" metaphor is obvious, as well as the whole primal vibe the song gives off.
Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here everyday
You learn to live like an animal
In the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me
Did I miss anything? Let me know!
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics