deCODED: Lady Gaga - Judas
To celebrate the release of the L.Gagz "Judas" video, we thought we'd feature this little controversial ditty on deCODED. The song itself is a producer's masterpiece - full of hooks and bass and bumpin' beats - but everybody's ignoring the music and freaking out about the lyrics. What do they mean, exactly?
Welp, the metaphor appears to be this: Gagaloo's head over heels for the wrong guy, as per usual (case in point: "Bad Romance")...
I'm just a holy fool
Oh baby, he's so cruel
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby
She wants to fall for a decent gent, but that "Judas" has his ways...
I wanna love you
But something's pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue
And Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to
Poor Gaga. We hope she finds her virtuosic man in the near future!
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings