deCODED: Lady Gaga - Judas
To celebrate the release of the L.Gagz "Judas" video, we thought we'd feature this little controversial ditty on deCODED. The song itself is a producer's masterpiece - full of hooks and bass and bumpin' beats - but everybody's ignoring the music and freaking out about the lyrics. What do they mean, exactly?
Welp, the metaphor appears to be this: Gagaloo's head over heels for the wrong guy, as per usual (case in point: "Bad Romance")...
I'm just a holy fool
Oh baby, he's so cruel
But I'm still in love with Judas, baby
She wants to fall for a decent gent, but that "Judas" has his ways...
I wanna love you
But something's pulling me away from you
Jesus is my virtue
And Judas is the demon I cling to
I cling to
Poor Gaga. We hope she finds her virtuosic man in the near future!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars