deCODED: Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page
The following lyrics have been posted as Facebook statuses 'round the world:
A white blank page and a swelling rage, rage
You did not think when you sent me to the brake, the brake
You desired my attention but denied my affections, my affections
It seems like everybody can relate to those words, so we must pose the question: WHAT. DO. THEY. MEAN???
An unfaithful lover, perhaps? Take a peep at the following line:
And say I'm clean
And can you kneel before the king, I'm clean
The song almost sounds like it's coming from a woman's point of view, instead of the man singing it. Also, the "king" appears to be God, supported once more by the song's ending lament:
Lead me to the truth and I will follow you with my whole life
"White Blank Page" could have a lot of meanings. A woman burdened by her cheating lover, an individual at war with his/her own religious beliefs, or a simple case of unrequited love. What do you guys think?
- Watch Darlene Love's Final Christmas Performance on David Letterman TONIGHT
- This Hilarious Misheard Lyrics Video Will Force You to Rethink Your List of "Starbucks Lovers"
- Best Albums of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Picks
- Who Else Has Been Naughty & Nice This Christmas? WATCH Pt. II
- Get To Know The 'WILD' Soundtrack With These Exclusive Lyric Cards
- Best Singles of 2014: Amanda's Top 10 Tracks
- Ring In 2015 With Our All-Night New Years Playlist