deCODED: OneRepublic - Good Life
OneRepublic have been on the fast track ever since their first single "Apologize" became popular. They followed it up with the successful single "Stop and Stare" and are now experiencing a third success with their newest song "Good Life".
On the surface, Good Life seems positive and hopeful, but lets decode the lyrics to see what we find...
Woke up in London yesterday / Found myself in the city near Piccadilly / Don't really know how I got here / I got some pictures on my phone
The narrator has clearly had a night of hard-partying and doesn't remember much. The only thing he has to remember his night are some phone pictures...
To my friends in New York, I say hello / My friends in L.A. they don't know / Where I've been for the past few years or so / Paris to China to Colorado
OneRepublic are originally from Colorado but are now based in L.A. Sounds like the narrator has been on the go for the past couple of years, never getting the chance to set down any roots.
Sometimes there's airplanes I can' t jump out / Sometimes there's bullsh*t that don't work now / We all got our stories, but please tell me / What there is to complain about?
This seems like the narrator definitely has his problems, but feels like since he's living such a "good" life he can't really complain.
These are lyrics that everyone can relate to, because everyone is able to look at their life in the hard times and find something to be thankful for.
- Joel Crouse Gives Solid Life Advice in His "Even the River Runs" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Charli XCX Rocks Out in New Song "Break The Rules"
- Kesha, Big Sean, Ezra Koenig, Grimes Crash HAIM's "My Song 5" Video
- Here's Taylor Swift's 5 Best Lyric Lines About Shaking Off The Haters
- Look Up Lyrics In A Flash On The New MetroLyrics Mobile Site
- Mikky Ekko's "Smile" Lyrics Aren't As Optimistic As You'd Think
- Bastille's Dan Smith Explains Why He Loves Writing Bleak (Yet Uplifting) Pop Songs