deCODED: Rihanna — We Found Love
Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! We certainly hope you've found love on this joyous occasion, but in case you haven't, let Rihanna's major hit "We Found Love" serenade you on this day of chocolates, candies, flowers and stuffed animals. Rihanna's song title may sound uplifting, but after a session of deCODED, RiRi's relationship isn't all that Valentine-themed after all...
Yellow diamonds in the light
And we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine
What it takes to come alive
We're thinking that the "yellow diamonds in the light" represent how Rihanna is feeling in her relationship. The color yellow represents optimism, enlightenment, and happiness, so we're guessing that these emotions describe RiRi and her man down to a T.
It's the way I'm feeling I just can't deny
But I've gotta let it go
Yep, Rihanna's feeling like a million bucks, but wait — she's gotta let it go? But why?
We found love in a hopeless place
The way we interpret things, Rihanna's beau (and her relationship) is trouble. Finding love in a hopeless place could mean that they both found one another when they never thought they'd love again, but because of RiRi's line "But I gotta let it go", we know that the "hopeless place" represents somewhere dark and dangerous.
Shine a light through an open door
Love and life I will divide
Turn away cause I need you more
Feel the heartbeat in my mind
This verse discusses Rihanna's chance for a way out of her relationship, represented by the light through the open door. She wants to leave her guy because she needs the separation from "love and life", which is her vision of romance versus reality. But, like a drug, Rihanna turns away from the door and goes flying back to her man. She is addicted to the harmful relationship.
Do you see Rihanna's song another way? Let us know in the comments.
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- ACM Awards: Everything You Need to Know About the Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Get To Know Pop-Punk Trio Courage My Love
- Justin Bieber Leads This Epic Celebrity 'I Really Like You' Lip Sync Party
- Watch Jennifer Hudson & James Corden Kill It in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Get All The Feels by Watching George Ezra on The Late Late Show