deCODED: The Strokes - You're So Right
[Please note that we love the full band and not Julian only - this is just a killer shot!]
Ah, The Strokes: bringing us catchy rock n' roll since 2002. Today on deCODED, we're featuring the garbled You're So Right, which is a little tricky to figure out because of the distorted vocals. Take a peek at Verse 1, if you will:
Tell me what happened [x3]
If you like
Get off on the same floor [x3]
The songs seems to start with an argument between the protagonist and his lady friend. These lines have him asking "We spend every night together...what's going on?"
He appears to be going through a rough patch in his life:
I'm done with the office [x3]
And hopes the argument will cease and desist:
I don't want to fight
Don't wanna, babe
You and me, oh
But then, he gets PISSED!!!
I don't want to hug you [x3]
Think you would
I want to hurt you [x2]
Maybe I'd hurt you
If I could
It's a classic case of going into a downward spiral when in a dispute with your lover, done in a slightly confusing and altered way. The title You're So Right is definitely ironic!
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics