deCODED: The Strokes - You're So Right
[Please note that we love the full band and not Julian only - this is just a killer shot!]
Ah, The Strokes: bringing us catchy rock n' roll since 2002. Today on deCODED, we're featuring the garbled You're So Right, which is a little tricky to figure out because of the distorted vocals. Take a peek at Verse 1, if you will:
Tell me what happened [x3]
If you like
Get off on the same floor [x3]
The songs seems to start with an argument between the protagonist and his lady friend. These lines have him asking "We spend every night together...what's going on?"
He appears to be going through a rough patch in his life:
I'm done with the office [x3]
And hopes the argument will cease and desist:
I don't want to fight
Don't wanna, babe
You and me, oh
But then, he gets PISSED!!!
I don't want to hug you [x3]
Think you would
I want to hurt you [x2]
Maybe I'd hurt you
If I could
It's a classic case of going into a downward spiral when in a dispute with your lover, done in a slightly confusing and altered way. The title You're So Right is definitely ironic!
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz
- Don't Believe Fall Out Boy Covered "Uptown Funk"? Just Watch!
- WATCH Maroon 5 Crash a Bunch of Weddings