deCODED: The Wanted - Glad You Came
The Wanted are among the crop of British boy-band talent that is taking the world by storm this past year. They were nominated at the 2012 Brit Awards for Best Single but lost out to other boy-band One Direction. That didn't stop The Wanted from achieving huge success with their single "Glad You Came" which seems to be climbing the MetroLyrics charts (it's currently at #48 on our Top 100!). We wanted to take a closer look at their fun, sweet lyrics...
"Glad You Came" is half-party anthem half-love song. In it, the band sings:
The sun goes down / The stars come out / And all that counts / Is here and now / My universe will never be the same / I'm glad you came
These lyrics are all about living in the moment with the person you love, and feeling changed forever. Time can stand still when you're with that special someone and The Wanted conveys that feeling in their lyrics.
You cast a spell on me, spell on me / You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me / And I decided you look well on me, well on me / So let's go somewhere no-one else can see, you and me
This catchy chorus describes how it feels to fall hard for somebody. The lyrics are simple, but sweet. Here's the video for "Glad You Came":
What do you think of the song? Are you a fan of The Wanted? Let us know in the comments!
- INTERVIEW: Elvis Perkins Shares Stories From On The Road
- PREMIERE: Rixton Unveil New "Hotel Ceiling" Lyric Video
- North West Stars In Kanye's "Only One" Video
- Share Your Thoughts On Kelly Clarkson's 'Piece by Piece' Lyrics
- Rumor Has It: Will Rihanna Perform 'FourFiveSeconds' At The 2015 GRAMMYs?
- Taylor Swift Has Trademarked 'This Sick Beat' and a Bunch of Other 1989 Lyrics
- Justin Bieber Teases New Song: Is It About Selena Gomez?