Destiny's Child "Girl" Is About Kelly Rowland's "Dirty Laundry" Relationship
Who knew that Destiny's Child's single "Girl" was all about Kelly Rowland's past relationship? See how the two lyrics fit together...
When we first heard the lyrics to Kelly Rowland's personal single "Dirty Laundry", we were shocked not only to hear about her insecurities when it came to being compared to her BFF Beyonce, but also the lines about her past abusive relationship. Kelly recently sat down with the Hot 107.9 Morning Show in Philadelphia to not only discuss the song's lyrics, but how the 2005 Destiny's Child hit "Girl" was written specifically about her situation:
Girl, you don't have to be hiding / Don't you be ashamed to say he hurt you / I'm your girl, you're my girl, we your girls / Don't you know that we love ya
Kelly stated that the fans figured out the lyrical connection: "I don't know how people connect dots with music and artists that they have followed for so long but when I saw people on Twitter starting to put all the pieces together, it was so interesting. They did it with "Girl", they did it with "Bad Habit"... I was like ok! Crazy!"
What are your thoughts on Destiny's Child and Kelly Rowland's lyrical connection? Let us know in the comments...
- We've Got the Lyrics to Jodeci's New Album Ahead of Its Release
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Preview Darius Rucker's New Album With These Beautiful Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn