Destiny's Child "Girl" Is About Kelly Rowland's "Dirty Laundry" Relationship
Who knew that Destiny's Child's single "Girl" was all about Kelly Rowland's past relationship? See how the two lyrics fit together...
When we first heard the lyrics to Kelly Rowland's personal single "Dirty Laundry", we were shocked not only to hear about her insecurities when it came to being compared to her BFF Beyonce, but also the lines about her past abusive relationship. Kelly recently sat down with the Hot 107.9 Morning Show in Philadelphia to not only discuss the song's lyrics, but how the 2005 Destiny's Child hit "Girl" was written specifically about her situation:
Girl, you don't have to be hiding / Don't you be ashamed to say he hurt you / I'm your girl, you're my girl, we your girls / Don't you know that we love ya
Kelly stated that the fans figured out the lyrical connection: "I don't know how people connect dots with music and artists that they have followed for so long but when I saw people on Twitter starting to put all the pieces together, it was so interesting. They did it with "Girl", they did it with "Bad Habit"... I was like ok! Crazy!"
What are your thoughts on Destiny's Child and Kelly Rowland's lyrical connection? Let us know in the comments...
- 15 Songs For Your Labor Day Long Weekend
- SOJA's "Your Song" Reminds Us That Summer Isn't Over Yet
- WATCH Jessie + Ariana + Nicki Host The Best Rooftop Party Ever
- Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' is Here and the Lyrics are Everything
- WATCH Cobra Starship ft. Icona Pop's (Surprisingly) Romantic Lyric Video
- Darius Rucker's 'Homegrown Honey' Lyrics Are About Finding a Down-Home Soul in The Big City
- 12 Pump-Up Songs to Help Get You Ready for Back-to-School