Dierks Bentley Explains The Emotional Story Behind 'I Hold On'
The country singer gets personal in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES.
On this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES, our series featuring songwriters discussing the meaning and inspiration of a song, country singer/songwriter Dierks Bentley reveals how he wrote "I Hold On," the first single off his whopping seventh studio album, Riser. Bentley gets personal as he tells us he had no plans for this song to make the final cut on his record. He was in Arizona at the time of writing, thinking about when his father passed away, the road trip they took together when he was 19, and the words just came to him. The truck he mentions in the lyrics? The same truck that he & his dad drove in from Phoenix to Nashville. Check out video above to watch the country star explain the sentimental meaning behind "I Hold On".
Listen to "I Hold On" below via the song's music video off VEVO:
Dierks Bentley's latest album, Riser, is available on iTunes today.
Share your favorite lyric from Bentley's "I Hold On" in the comments below, and check out our Between The Lines episode with Bastille here.
Bastille Reveal the Real Life Blaze That Inspired 'Things We Lost In The Fire'
Lead singer Dan Smith discusses the song's inspiration in this episode of BETWEEN THE LINES...More
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything