Dolly Parton Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To Her Song 'Try' For Us!
Good Golly, Miss Dolly!
Good golly, Miss Dolly! This week's handwritten lyric feature is a very special one. That's right, the one-and-only Dolly Parton hand-wrote out the lyrics to "Try," a new song from her upcoming 42nd(!) album Blue Smoke, and there she is holding up her handy work above. "Try" is a motivational power-ballad, with lyrics about reaching for the stars and achieving your dreams. "Try to make the most of every moment / 'Cause if you never try, you never win / So try each day to try a little harder / And if you fall, get up and try again," sings the country music legend on the song's chorus, making these the perfect lyrics to print out, stick on your wall, and treat like a personal mantra anytime you're feeling less than inspired. Read them in full below.
(Click to enlarge)
Blue Smoke will be released May 13th, awesome cover art and all, but is already available for pre-order over at iTunes and Amazon. The album is also streaming in full over at NPR, so head over for a first listen.
Watch Dolly's brand new lyric video for the album's title track and most recent single, "Blue Smoke," below.
Do you have a favorite lyric from "Try"? Share it with us in the comments.
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody
- Take A Virtual Safari With Mother Mother In New 'Get Out The Way' Lyric Video
- Watch Sultry Soul Singer Jenn Em's New 'Jailkeeper' Lyric Video
- Watch Weird Al Yankovic's Hilarious Parody of Pharrell's 'Happy'