Dolly Parton Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To Her Song 'Try' For Us!
Good Golly, Miss Dolly!
Good golly, Miss Dolly! This week's handwritten lyric feature is a very special one. That's right, the one-and-only Dolly Parton hand-wrote out the lyrics to "Try," a new song from her upcoming 42nd(!) album Blue Smoke, and there she is holding up her handy work above. "Try" is a motivational power-ballad, with lyrics about reaching for the stars and achieving your dreams. "Try to make the most of every moment / 'Cause if you never try, you never win / So try each day to try a little harder / And if you fall, get up and try again," sings the country music legend on the song's chorus, making these the perfect lyrics to print out, stick on your wall, and treat like a personal mantra anytime you're feeling less than inspired. Read them in full below.
(Click to enlarge)
What Are The Best Songs Of 2014 (So Far)?
Here's our picks for the songs that we couldn't stop playing for the first half of the year. What are yours?...More
Blue Smoke will be released May 13th, awesome cover art and all, but is already available for pre-order over at iTunes and Amazon. The album is also streaming in full over at NPR, so head over for a first listen.
Watch Dolly's brand new lyric video for the album's title track and most recent single, "Blue Smoke," below.
Do you have a favorite lyric from "Try"? Share it with us in the comments.
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)
- 13 One Direction Songs That Just Won't Be The Same Without Zayn