Double-Dip Lyrics Version: Joni Mitchell and Kanye West
Everyone knows "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell (or...Counting Crows...or Janet Jackson). Even if you think you've never heard the song, you've definitely heard these lyrics:
Don't it always seem to go / That you don't know what you've got til it's gone?
Ugh, so true. These lyrics always make me feel sort of regretful and sad, like "yeah I had this really cool thing (sweater/boyfriend/job), but I just (gave it to my sister/broke up with him/turned it down)." Yeah, ouch.
But since regretting things is absolutely zero fun, Kanye took it upon himself to re-vamp the classic Joni Mitchell lyrics in his song, "Gone":
They claim you never know what you got 'til it's gone / I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on
Preach, Yeezy! Take it from Mr. West, if you know you've got something good...keep it! Sort of easy for him to say though, right? "Oh, oops I accidentally threw my shirt out in the crowd and I kiiind of want it back... Whatevs I'll just buy three new ones."
- You+Me Drop New Lyric Video for "Capsized"
- The 5 Most Pin-Able Lyrics From One Direction's "Steal My Girl"
- Lorde Channels Katniss In Her "Yellow Flicker Beat" Lyrics
- Fleetwood Mac Returns! Co-Founder Mick Fleetwood Dishes On Reunion Tour
- Check Out the Lyrics to Three Days Grace's "I Am Machine" Ahead of Release
- Ne-Yo's Back! WATCH His "She Knows" Lyric Video ft. Juicy J
- AUDIO: Kendrick Lamar's "i" Is Blowing Up The Internet