Double-Dip Lyrics Version: Joni Mitchell and Kanye West
Everyone knows "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell (or...Counting Crows...or Janet Jackson). Even if you think you've never heard the song, you've definitely heard these lyrics:
Don't it always seem to go / That you don't know what you've got til it's gone?
Ugh, so true. These lyrics always make me feel sort of regretful and sad, like "yeah I had this really cool thing (sweater/boyfriend/job), but I just (gave it to my sister/broke up with him/turned it down)." Yeah, ouch.
But since regretting things is absolutely zero fun, Kanye took it upon himself to re-vamp the classic Joni Mitchell lyrics in his song, "Gone":
They claim you never know what you got 'til it's gone / I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on
Preach, Yeezy! Take it from Mr. West, if you know you've got something good...keep it! Sort of easy for him to say though, right? "Oh, oops I accidentally threw my shirt out in the crowd and I kiiind of want it back... Whatevs I'll just buy three new ones."
- Get The Lyrics to Flyleaf's 'Between The Stars' Before It Drops
- Banks Hand Wrote Out The Lyrics To "Beggin For Thread" Just For Us
- Here Are a Bunch of Crazy Facts About Sia's 'Chandelier'
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"