Double-Dip Lyrics Version: Joni Mitchell and Kanye West
Everyone knows "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell (or...Counting Crows...or Janet Jackson). Even if you think you've never heard the song, you've definitely heard these lyrics:
Don't it always seem to go / That you don't know what you've got til it's gone?
Ugh, so true. These lyrics always make me feel sort of regretful and sad, like "yeah I had this really cool thing (sweater/boyfriend/job), but I just (gave it to my sister/broke up with him/turned it down)." Yeah, ouch.
But since regretting things is absolutely zero fun, Kanye took it upon himself to re-vamp the classic Joni Mitchell lyrics in his song, "Gone":
They claim you never know what you got 'til it's gone / I know I got it, I don't know what y'all on
Preach, Yeezy! Take it from Mr. West, if you know you've got something good...keep it! Sort of easy for him to say though, right? "Oh, oops I accidentally threw my shirt out in the crowd and I kiiind of want it back... Whatevs I'll just buy three new ones."
- 7 Songs To Help Set The Romantic Mood At Your Summer Wedding
- Watch Katy Perry's Funky-Fresh "This Is How We Do" Lyric Video
- Check Out These Doodle-Tastic Handwritten Lyrics From The Nearly Deads
- Kimbra's 'Love In High Places' Lyric Video Is a True Work of Art
- Don't Miss David Gray's Upcoming Live On Letterman Performance
- Miley Cyrus Crashes Pharrell's Dance Party In New Video
- Listen to Rixton's New Single 'Wait On Me' + Read Along With Their Handwritten Lyrics