Double-Dip Lyrics Version: Kanye West and Lil Wayne
Now hey kid plural, I graduated / Cause you could get through anything if Magic made it / And that was called recycling or re-reciting / Cause you just like it, so you say it just like it / Some say it's biting but I say it's enlightening / Besides Dr. Kanye West is one of the brightest
Waxing poetic on the topic of biting lyrics while simultaneously actually biting lyrics, is Lil Wayne with his track "Dr. Carter".
Weezy borrows Yeezy's line And you can live through anything if Magic made it from "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and directly follows it up with an explanation of why he used the reference and why it's okay, Some say it's biting but I say it's enlightening /Besides Dr. Kanye West is one of the brightest.
Weezy hits the nail on the head here. What he's getting at pretty much is that it's cool to sample lyrics because you're honouring the original writer. Just as long as you're giving credit where credit is due. Props Wayne!
No, I already graduated / And you can live through anything if Magic made it / They say I talk with so much emphasis / Ooh, they so sensitive
- Lyric Reveal: Jodeci's New Album 'The Past, The Present, The Future'
- 15 Easter-Ready Tracks To Kick Off Your Long Weekend
- Obviously Taylor Swift Won 'Best Lyrics' at the iHeartRadio Awards
- Check Out Darius Rucker's Beautiful 'Southern Style' Lyric Posters
- MAX's Handwritten Lyrics Will Leave You Talking 'Gibberish'
- Finally You Can Hear Rihanna's New 'R8' Single In Full
- Get a First Look at Kopecky's New 'Quarterback' Lyric Video (PREMIERE)