Double-Dip Lyrics Version: M.I.A. and The Pixies
Isn't it so ~*META*~ when songs reference other songs in their lyrics?
Yeah maybe not really, but you still feel super cool when you pick up on the reference. For instance, check out these lyrics from M.I.A.'s "20 Dollar":
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it / And you'll ask yourself, where is my mind? / Where is my mind?
Wait a minute! That sounds way too familiar... Oh right! It's The Pixies' "Where Is My Mind" of course!
With your feet on the air / And your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse / If there's nothing in it / And then you'll ask yourself / Where is my mind?
"20 Dollar" was actually written about the relative ease of buying AK-47s in Liberia so I think the use of The Pixies' lyrics, Where is my mind? really drives the message home. When a country's political situation is so corrupt, you can't help but ask where the minds of the authorities were during those important decision making processes...
- The 12 Most Memorable Moments From Fashion Rocks Live 2014
- WATCH: Wrabel Performs "Ten Feet Tall" In One Take & It's Amazing
- Mary Lambert Has Nothing to Hide in Her Handwritten "Secrets" Lyrics
- AUDIO: Fall Out Boy Wants You To Remember Them For "Centuries"
- WATCH Brett Eldredge Dedicate "Mean To Me" To Big Brother's Jeff & Jordan
- Take A Trip To The Roller Disco In Stars' New Lyric Video
- One Direction Announce 'Four' Album, Drop "Fireproof" Lyrics