Double-Dip Lyrics Version: M.I.A. and The Pixies
Isn't it so ~*META*~ when songs reference other songs in their lyrics?
Yeah maybe not really, but you still feel super cool when you pick up on the reference. For instance, check out these lyrics from M.I.A.'s "20 Dollar":
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it / And you'll ask yourself, where is my mind? / Where is my mind?
Wait a minute! That sounds way too familiar... Oh right! It's The Pixies' "Where Is My Mind" of course!
With your feet on the air / And your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse / If there's nothing in it / And then you'll ask yourself / Where is my mind?
"20 Dollar" was actually written about the relative ease of buying AK-47s in Liberia so I think the use of The Pixies' lyrics, Where is my mind? really drives the message home. When a country's political situation is so corrupt, you can't help but ask where the minds of the authorities were during those important decision making processes...
- Conway's Hidden Her "Killer" Handwritten Lyrics In A Maze
- Watch Weird Al's Latest Hilarious Music Video For 'Sports Song'
- Owl City Premieres New 'Wolf Bite' Video, Shares Handwritten Lyrics
- Kick Back With These 6 Songs For A Lazy Summer Afternoon
- Jamie Scott Explains 'My Hurricane', Drops New Lyric Video
- Kristeen Young To Perform On Late Late Show With Nirvana's Dave Grohl & Pat Smear
- Weird Al Gives Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" A Grammatical Parody