Double-Dip Lyrics Version: M.I.A. and The Pixies
Isn't it so ~*META*~ when songs reference other songs in their lyrics?
Yeah maybe not really, but you still feel super cool when you pick up on the reference. For instance, check out these lyrics from M.I.A.'s "20 Dollar":
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it / And you'll ask yourself, where is my mind? / Where is my mind?
Wait a minute! That sounds way too familiar... Oh right! It's The Pixies' "Where Is My Mind" of course!
With your feet on the air / And your head on the ground / Try this trick and spin it, yeah / Your head'll collapse / If there's nothing in it / And then you'll ask yourself / Where is my mind?
"20 Dollar" was actually written about the relative ease of buying AK-47s in Liberia so I think the use of The Pixies' lyrics, Where is my mind? really drives the message home. When a country's political situation is so corrupt, you can't help but ask where the minds of the authorities were during those important decision making processes...
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?