Drake Gets Lyrically Parodied in "Sh*t Drake Says"
With success comes mockery, and that has certainly been the case in Drake's (very successful) career so far. We're big Drake fans at MetroLyrics; we think he's talented, real, and has an awesome sense of humor, which is fortunate for someone who gets ragged on so much! So far (save for the Common beef) it's all been in good fun though and the following parody, as well as the past spoof of his song 'Headlines' have kept us laughing.
This new Drake parody follows the zeitgeisty model of the 'Sh*t _____ Say' videos, which originated with the extremely popular 'Sh*t Girls Say' series. In the video, "Drake" (played by a well-dressed semi-lookalike in — of course — a varsity letter jacket) gets himself into lots of kooky situations where he responds with Drake lyrics! It's hilarious because the guy playing Drake is really theatrical, and it's also interesting to see how conversational his lyrics really are. Here it is.... Sh*t Drake Says:
- Does Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" Sound Familiar? Here's Why
- Listen to Rihanna, Paul McCartney, & Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Is This The Most Random GRAMMYs Performance Lineup Ever?
- The Kooks Got All Creative and Wrote Their Lyrics On A Paper Towel
- Pop Newcomer Emily Hearn Filled Out Our Musical Mind Q&A + Gave Us Handwritten Lyrics
- Ella Henderson Explains the True Meaning of Her Smash-Hit Single 'Ghost'
- You'll Go 'Psycho' Over These Fall Out Boy Handwritten Lyrics from Pete Wentz