WATCH: Emeli Sandé Tells Us About Writing Lyrics At Age 8 (LINER NOTES)
The UK singer-songwriter also tells us where she draws inspiration from when writing lyrics in this episode of our Liner Notes interview series.
Welcome to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft. In this episode, we sit down with Emeli Sandé to discuss her lyrics and songwriting.
The UK singer-songwriter tells us how she began writing songs at the age of 8(!), which began with her penning lyrics to songs before she was even able to play music. Emeli also discusses where she finds the inspiration for specific songs, most notably "My Kind Of Love," one of the stand-out tracks from her latest album Our Version of Events. "I love writing," says Emeli. "I think I'll write forever — I don't know if I'll still be singing when I'm older, but writing is definitely something that will be with me and is my way of expressing myself."
Watch the video above to find out more on how Emeli Sandé crafts her powerful lyrics. And once you're done, be sure to check out past entries in our Liner Notes series from Phoenix and Alicia Keys.
- Meet Kaleo, Iceland's Newest Folk-Pop Sensation
- Check Out This Awesome Lyric Art for My Morning Jacket's New Single
- Here's A List Of Songs Turning 10 in 2015 to Make You Feel Super-Old
- You're Gonna Really Like Carly Rae Jepsen's New Single!
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is the World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect