WATCH: Emeli Sandé Tells Us About Writing Lyrics At Age 8 (LINER NOTES)
The UK singer-songwriter also tells us where she draws inspiration from when writing lyrics in this episode of our Liner Notes interview series.
Welcome to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft. In this episode, we sit down with Emeli Sandé to discuss her lyrics and songwriting.
The UK singer-songwriter tells us how she began writing songs at the age of 8(!), which began with her penning lyrics to songs before she was even able to play music. Emeli also discusses where she finds the inspiration for specific songs, most notably "My Kind Of Love," one of the stand-out tracks from her latest album Our Version of Events. "I love writing," says Emeli. "I think I'll write forever — I don't know if I'll still be singing when I'm older, but writing is definitely something that will be with me and is my way of expressing myself."
Watch the video above to find out more on how Emeli Sandé crafts her powerful lyrics. And once you're done, be sure to check out past entries in our Liner Notes series from Phoenix and Alicia Keys.
- Mary J. Blige Reveals The Powers Of "Therapy" In New Lyric Video
- WIN Taylor Swift's Autographed Sheet Music to 'Shake If Off'
- How Many Times Will You Watch One Direction's "Steal My Girl" Video?
- Dave Grohl Explains How The Place You Live Inspires Your Songwriting
- Stream These 15 Boo-tiful Songs About Ghosts
- It's Official! Taylor Swift's '1989' Track List Has Landed
- QUIZ: How Well Do You Know One Direction Lyrics?