WATCH: Emeli Sandé Tells Us About Writing Lyrics At Age 8 (LINER NOTES)
The UK singer-songwriter also tells us where she draws inspiration from when writing lyrics in this episode of our Liner Notes interview series.
Welcome to Liner Notes, MetroLyrics' interview series featuring songwriters discussing their craft. In this episode, we sit down with Emeli Sandé to discuss her lyrics and songwriting.
The UK singer-songwriter tells us how she began writing songs at the age of 8(!), which began with her penning lyrics to songs before she was even able to play music. Emeli also discusses where she finds the inspiration for specific songs, most notably "My Kind Of Love," one of the stand-out tracks from her latest album Our Version of Events. "I love writing," says Emeli. "I think I'll write forever — I don't know if I'll still be singing when I'm older, but writing is definitely something that will be with me and is my way of expressing myself."
Watch the video above to find out more on how Emeli Sandé crafts her powerful lyrics. And once you're done, be sure to check out past entries in our Liner Notes series from Phoenix and Alicia Keys.
- Even Taylor Swift Can Get Down With Kanye's "All Day"
- Here's Why 'Uptown Funk' Is World's Biggest Pop Song Right Now
- Christina Aguilera's Impression of Britney Spears Is Perfect
- This Mash-Up of Jay Z and Ed Sheeran Is Absolutely Everything
- Ed Sheeran Puts His Spin On A...Christina Aguilera Classic?
- The Oh Hellos Letter-Graded Their 'Hello My Old Heart' Handwritten Lyrics For Us
- Our Favorite Musical Moments from the 2015 Oscars