Eminem Claims He's A "Rap God" In New Song
The unreleased 'MMLP2' track has some of Em's sharpest lyrics to date...
Watch out, Kanye West! Eminem claims he's the new & ultimate "Rap God" in town, on the unreleased track from Em's upcoming album The Marshall Mathers LP 2. When it comes to the lyrical delivery on this epic song, Slim Shady's taking it back to the ol-skool days by talking about the controversial topics he once did when he burst onto the music scene in the late 90's.
In the hook, the legendary rapper let us know who's in charge with the lyrics "I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God / All my people from the front to the back nod, back nod", and then proceeds to launch into verse after verse for a staggering 6-minute track. Touching on everything from his addiction ("Only Hall of Fame I be inducted in is the alcohol of fame / On the wall of shame") and his feuds with rappers past ("And I just bought a new Raygun from the future / To just come and shoot ya like when Fabolous made Ray J mad"), this version of Eminem isn't holding back, and it's enough to make people talk about the hard-hitting lyrics.
Listen to Eminem's "Rap God" from MMLP2, out November 5th: what do you think of the controversial lyrics?
- Terry Crews Absolutely Killed It On Lip Sync Battle
- QUIZ: Which Taylor Swift Song Are You?
- 5 Pop Albums with Lyrics Written Entirely by One Person
- 15 Eco-Friendly Anthems for Earth Day
- 7 Great Performances From the 50th ACM Awards
- 5 Love Songs That Are Actually Creepy
- In The Valley Below Sent Us A Message In A Bottle With Handwritten Lyrics On It and You Can Win It!